Wednesday, November 3, 2010


The end of October was a busy month, too busy to be having a baby. AJ celebrated his 40th on the 28th and I had to prank the silly guy. We did manage to have a wonderful family day to celebrate his getting old and with the help of his friend Chris I managed to do a little something to his beloved Camaro. Unfortunately he was quick to figure out that the reason the car wouldn't start was sabotage and not the oil and broken parts underneath. Chris did a great job and we at least got his blood pressure up for a few minutes, he thought his racing was over until he could afford a new engine. Anyway, we love you Mr. Comic and hope you enjoyed your 40th!!!
Of course the best birthday present came the next day when.....
Around 3 pm AJ decided to go to the gym while Sam and I took naps....only I wasn't napping because my belly began seriously contracting consistently every 15-20 minutes apart. Keep in mind that I had a midwife appointment that morning and at 10:30 am I was only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I certainly was not thinking anything would be happening that day. By the time AJ got home we were stopping to breath deeply about every 10-15 minutes. AJ kicked into labor coach, adorned the stop watch and began preparing. We needed to pick up our CSA veggies and I wanted to have dinner before going anywhere (we all know that the hospitals don't feed you). So the entire family, including Sadie, jumped in the car. It wasn't so bad, I just had to BREATH every 10 minutes or so. We got home and AJ grilled some chicken while Sam helped my prepared some roasted spaghetti squash. As we ate and debated taking showers the spasms came every 5 minutes or so and my thighs began to quiver. Grandma was quickly called to take over Sam and Sadie (Sam had her first sleepover!!) and we jumped in the car. I called our midwife Diana to let her know we were on our way. She was still in Littleton and said she would meet us at the hospital. She was especially excited because she left for Hawaii the next day and thought she would miss the second babies delivery all together.

We checked into the hospital around 7:20pm and were in the room being checked by Diana at around 7:30. She couldn't believe it, I was 9 cm dilated and ready to push.
Ms. Ella Lorraine was born at 8:27pm, October 29th, 2010.


  1. You present a very calm report of your labor and delivery and am very glad for you. Happy Birthday to Daddy, too. The best gift ever!! Give my best to Grandpa & Grandma Cribley!!!

  2. Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!! I know you didn't do it on purpose but you just saved my week in a way. I had two friends die this week and then you show me this beautiful new life! She is amazing, and beautiful, and wonderful, and magnificent!!!!!! You look like the perfect family! Congratulations to the Cribleys and the O'Briens!!! I can't wait to meet her!!
    Jessi (Wysocki) Bailey

  3. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

  4. Fabulous story! I can only hope and pray my labor and delivery go that fast and smooth! I love that you were determined to get a good meal in before leaving!

  5. Two goodlooking daughters now!!!! I think I am in labor!!!



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.